Code enforcement is responsible for enforcing the city's ordinances and regulations. Our goal is to first educate citizens, businesses and property owners on code requirements and to seek voluntary compliance before formal notices of violations and citations are issued. Also, we will work to find remedies where available.
To inquire about code requirements or to lodge a complaint about property or conditions in the City of Commerce, contact Travis Fields at (706) 335-3200 ext 1886. or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Commerce City Council passed a motorized cart ordinance that went into effect on August 18, 2020. The ordinance allows for Personal Transportation Vehicles and Low Speed Vehicles to be operate on certain city streets when permitted.
The steps for registering & permitting your motorized cart or low speed vehicle are as follows:
1. Review the Motorized Cart or LSV flyer & ordinance.
2. Check your motorized cart for the required safety equipment and documents.
3. Complete the application(s) necessary for your cart/LSV.
4. Notify Code Enforcement for an inspection appointment.
5. Operate and display decals as directed by City Ordinance Section 74-52.
The City of Commerce Animal Control is now working with Jackson County Animal Control department and continues to promote and protect public safety and animal care through sheltering, pet placement, education, and animal law enforcement.
The mission of Animal Control (a division of Jackson County Animal Shelter) is to:
- Provide safe and humane shelter for unwanted, stray and abused impounded animals
- Strive to protect the public's health and safety from vicious, sick or injured animals
- Educate the public about responsible animal care in the community
For complaints concerning animal control issues, please contact Animal Control at 706-367-5480. For after hour calls concerning dog or cat bites please call 706-367-1911.
Commerce Animal Control promotes responsible pet ownership, compassion towards animals, and safe human-animal interactions.
Commerce City Animal Control Officer enforces the Commerce city animal ordinance and is responsible for the following:
- Stray animal pickup
- Rabies enforcement
- Cruelty or neglect of animals
- Leash law violations
- Excessive animal noise